mardi 17 juillet 2012

The Ugly Spider

Last Friday,  we did a scavenger hunt downtown. It was actually pretty cool. We were searching for stuff and information. One of the info was at the National Art Gallery so I got to go there.  When I arrived there, I was disgusted by the sculpture which is on his front. There is a giant spider who weighs 18,000 pounds!!! She even has 26 marble eggs in her that you can see!

That sculpture is called ''Maman'' so Mommy in English. It has been made by Louise Bourgeois to represent her mother who was a restorer of tapestries. I wouldn't represent my mom as a spider personally. I like the meaning of that piece of art but I find it pretty weird. It is so huge and I don't think that it is a nice piece of art. For me, it's just taking too much place in the city and they could have used that space to put something more interesting. 

If you think that it is nice, I'm sorry to have disappointed you, but that's my opinion after all! We all have our owns!

1 commentaire:

  1. Thanks for sharing your opinion and information! I don't like the spider very much either...

    RépondreSupprimer