mardi 24 juillet 2012

What to avoid in Ottawa!

Since more then 20 days, I have been in Ottawa. I have visit and gone to see a lot of stuff already! One of the worst things I have done was to see Shakespeare in the Park. A company of fools was presenting the play ''Henri V'' in Windsor Park on July 20th.  It was the worst thing I ever attend!

Here is why you should never go:

1. The play is performed outside in the park. There are no seats or anything so you are seating on the ground. There is supposed to be grass, but it's mostly weeds so it is pretty itchy.  As the play is quite long, it is pretty uncomfortable to sit. Even with a blanket, it isn't comfortable!

2. It isn't theater! Shakespeare would cry if he saw his play played like that! There isn't enough actors so some characters are played by socks and there isn't a lot of costumes. It is hard to fallow who is who. In the play, France and England are batelling against each other. Altough France official color is blue, they dress the England army in blue too so it's kind of confusing.  It isn't really clear.

3.  Also,people were leaving the play in the middle of it as it is bad. So when you try to concentrate on what the actors are saying (you really need to concentrate because they aren't speaking enough loudly), you see people moving to leave the park which is quite disturbing. I completly understand why people were leaving the park, it was so bad! I would have left if I could!

Even thought it is free, you should avoid going there!  It is a complete waste of time! I wish I can have that time back!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire